In this section:
- About the CALS brand photography collection
- How to access the photo collection
- Having trouble viewing the photos?
- Tips on searching the photo collection
- Downloading your photos
- Not finding what you’re looking for?
- Pro tip: Using the photo collection shortcut
About the CALS brand photography collection
To help with our community’s storytelling efforts, we’ve developed a broad collection of imagery from across our college — thousands of high-resolution, royalty-free images taken in our new brand style. This collection is available to all CALS faculty and staff through a section of University Communications’ photography archive. All images in this collection can be used, free of charge, in CALS print and digital publications.
This collection reflects our first effort to cover the many people, places and things of CALS, but we know there are many new perspectives yet to capture. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, or if you have images you’ve taken that you’d like to have considered for inclusion, please let us know.
How to access the photo collection
Access issues: Contact University Communications at email@example.com
Your access to University Communications’ photo archive — and the images you are able to view — is assigned and determined by your university employment status at the first time you log in to their system. If you first logged in as a non-CALS employee, you may experience some difficulty viewing the CALS brand photography collection. Please allow a response window of 2-3 business days.
Time-sensitive photo needs: Contact CALS Marketing and Communications
If you are experiencing issues and have a time-sensitive photo need, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch as soon as possible.
Tips on searching the photo collection
Looking for something specific? Here are some quick tips on how to find your way around:
- Search from your desktop computer: University Communications’ photography archive can be tricky to navigate from your mobile device or tablet. It works best on your desktop monitor.
- Filter from the left: Using the toolbar on the left side of the page will allow you to search for photos specifically within the CALS brand photography collection (note: the top search bar spans the entire university archive you have access to). These tools will help you narrow your search, allowing you to filter photos based on layout orientation (portrait vs. landscape), actions, location, people, shoot types and more. Also helpful, you can filter by “Subject Units” which sort the images we have by 30 CALS departments and units.
- Use our advanced terms: In addition to the archive’s standard search filters, you can also search by 16 branded search terms, adding any of the following phrases into the search bar on the left side of the page:
- Access to food
- Access to healthy environment
- Agricultural sciences
- Environmental science
- Faculty working with students
- Fostering well-being
- Intellectual exploration
- Digital agriculture
- Meaningful impact
- Purpose-driven science
- Serving the public good
- Asking new questions
- Inspiring pioneering soultions
- Stewarding resources
- Supporting local people and communities
- Understanding natural and human systems
- Virtual reality
Downloading your photos
Once you have found a photo you want to use, download that image from the archive to your computer.
- First, navigate to the photo within the collection and click “Download.”
- Select the format/resolution of the photo.
- Identify your intended use for the photo from the drop-down menu.
- Select “save” and identify where on your computer you would like the image saved to.
- Your download will begin and you’ll be on your way to using these images in your projects and presentations.
Not finding what you’re looking for?
- If there are CALS people, places and things you’d like to see but can’t find in the collection, reach out to us at email@example.com with your ideas — we would love to consider them as we continue to build this archive.
- If you’re a shutterbug and you have taken images that you would like to be considered for inclusion in our archive, please upload your images through our story submission form with “CALS Brand Photo Idea” in the description. Note you will have to log in with your NetID to access this submission form.
- If your project requires images for large format printing (for applications such as pull-up banners, billboards, large-scale posters, etc.), please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the file name of the image you’re interested in so we can get you the highest-resolution image possible.
Pro tip: Using the photo collection shortcut
If you’re in the University Communications photo archive often, take advantage of the shortcut to the CALS brand photography collection:
- Once logged in to the main archive, scroll midway down the page to “ASSETS BY COLLEGE/SCHOOL/UNIT“
- Under this section, you should see a collection titled “CALS-BRAND”
- Click on the “CALS-BRAND” collection
- The entire collection will display, alongside the individual images within it
Having trouble viewing the photos? Follow these instructions.