To inform our brand project’s development, we conducted a range of research activities with over 300 stakeholders from across CALS and beyond.
- In-person interviews with faculty, students, staff and administration
- Interviews with CALS and Cornell leadership
- Interviews with prospective students and their parents
- Interviews with college counselors and higher education experts
- Interviews with agriculture experts
- Individual and group interviews with CALS alumni
- Interviews with stakeholders in Albany
We sought user feedback throughout the project. After an initial design phase, we conducted several rounds of research to solicit feedback from CALS stakeholders.
- Student, faculty and staff feedback sessions
- Design Social and Open House feedback
- Advisory Council presentation and workshop
In addition to in-person research, we conducted a survey to learn from a large number of students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of CALS.
- 15-minute qualitative survey
- 1,264 survey invitations sent to CALS stakeholders
- Audience segments included students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and friends of CALS
- >30% audience participation rate (exceeding goal for survey sample)
- Key issues, themes and opportunities identified for each audience segment